Healthy Vegan Recipe for Weight Loss: Vegetable Steamed Dumplings Recipe
Servings size: 4 servings
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, soybean meat, cellophane noodles
- 3 cups of ground flour
- 200g soybean meat (minced type)
- 3-4 cabbage leaves
- 20g cellophane noodles (fensi, glass noodles)
- 5-6 green beans
- 1 tsp ginger (chopped)
- An appropriate amount of kuzu powder
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- An appropriate amount of salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- An appropriate amount of pepper
- An appropriate amount of goji berry
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the ground flour and add water to it gradually. Then combine and knead with your hand until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into a long stick and divide them into portion sizes. Roll each piece out into a round disc about 8 cm in diameter.
- Finely chop the cabbage. Boil green beans and cellophane noodles and then cut them into small pieces. For cellophane noodles, cut them into 4 cm long.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the ginger and cabbage, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoons of pepper, cellophane noodles, soybean meat and soy sauce, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl.
- Brush the edges of the wrapper lightly with water. Place 1 tablespoon of the soybean meat mixture in the center of the wrapper. Shape as desired.
- Place as many dumplings as will fit into a steamer, without touching each other. Cover and steam for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve immediately and decorate with green beans and goji berries.
- To make the dough work, it’s better to make it a bit tougher than softer. If the dough is too tough and difficult to roll, let it rest for a few hours; it will become soft enough to work with.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Chieka Atsuta