Easy Vegan Recipe: Vegan Tofu Cheese and Crackers
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, vegan cheese, tofu, fruits
- ½ cotton tofu
- 2 tbsp salt koji
- Some crackers
- Wrap the block of tofu in a clean kitchen towel and press the tofu under a heavy weight for 30 minutes or until to remove excess moisture.
- Wrap the tofu in gauze. In a larger container, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of salt koji over the tofu to coat.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 1-3 days.
- Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces and transfer it to the top of the crackers. Add some fruits, dried fruits and nuts if you like.
- For reference: The height of tofu should reduce to 1/2 to 2/3 of its original height after pressing.
- If you want to make a dipping sauce, you could blend these tofu until smooth and add some herbs and olive oil.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Sumi Ichinose