Simple And Easy Vegan Dinner Recipe: Vegan Soy Milk Hot Pot with Meatballs (Soy Milk Steamboat)
Servings size: 4-6 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, vegetables, hotpot, vegan meatballs
- ¼ - ⅓ chinese cabbage (cut into pieces)
- 1-2 carrots (cut into strips)
- An appropriate amount of pepper
- An appropriate amount of salt
- 2 bag soy milk hot pot soup stock
- 900ml water
- 200g soybean meat (minced type)
- 10g grated ginger
- 7-10g miso paste
- 100g ground powder
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
- 20g oshimugi (pressed barley)
- 100ml water
- Finely chop the onion and shiitake mushrooms.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and add onion and shiitake mushrooms and fry them over medium heat.
- When the onions are translucent, add oshimugi and 100 ml of water. Turn it down to a low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the remaining <Meatballs> ingredients and mix well. Scoop out heaping 2 tablespoon amounts and gently form into small balls using your hands.
For Hot Pot:
- Cut the chinese cabbage into 10cm / 4” wide pieces and chop each carrot into stick-length chunks.
- Place chinese cabbage and carrots vertically into the pot. Add meatball at a side and pour in soy milk soup stock and water and bring it to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or so until the chinese cabbage leaves become tender. Season with some salt and pepper.
- You can substitute oshimugi with millet.
- To make meatballs firmer, you can refrigerate them for 15 minutes before cooking.
Recipe By: Certified Cooking School Lima Instructor, Toshiyuki Gomi
|Japanese Sesame and Soy Milk Soup Stock (for Hot Pot) 150g|