Healthy Vegan Recipes That Are Totally Crave-Worthy: Vegan Onigirazu Sushi Sandwich
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, mayo, rice
- 20g soy milk mayo
- 50g soybean meat
- 1/4 tsp miso
- 30g onion
- 20g soybeans (boiled)
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp aonori flakes (dried green laver or seaweed)
- 160g brown rice (cooked)
- 2 sheets Yaki-nori seaweed
- 2 large leaves of lettuce
- Finely chop onions and transfer it into a pan. Add soybean meat and a pinch of salt into the pan and fry it in a pan without oil until it is transparent.
- Finely chop the cooked soybeans and marinate them in soy sauce for 5 mins.
- Transfer the onion and soybeans into a bowl and add vegan mayo and aonori flakes. Mix them well.
- To assemble, lay a nori sheet (rough side up) on a piece of cling film. With wet fingers to prevent sticking, position a quarter of the cooked rice in the center of the nori sheet and shape it into a square, ensuring that the flat sides of the square face the corners of the nori sheet.
- Position half the mayo mixture and lettuce on top of the rice so that it is roughly square. Put another quarter of the rice on top of the filling, and compact down into a square as before.
- Fold the nori up into an envelope shape. Then tightly wrap your parcel with cling film and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before cutting it in half with a wet sharp knife. Repeat with the second parcel.
- To serve, remove the clingfilm and serve immediately.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Kazuyo Hosoya