Quick Vegan Christmas Recipe: Vegan Meatloaf (Christmas Main Dish)
Servings size: 2 servings
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, soybean meat, cellophane noodles
- 100g soybean meat (minced type)
- 1 onion (about 200g)
- An appropriate amount of olive oil
- An appropriate amount of salt
- 260g lotus root
- 4 tsp of soy sauce
- 6 tbsp of rice flour
- An appropriate amount of ginger powder
- Soak the soybean meat in hot water for about 5 minutes. After it swells 2-3 times, wash the soybean meat 2-3 times. Finally, drain it in a colander and squeeze out the water lightly.
- Finely chop the onions, mushrooms. Then, peel off the skin of the lotus root and shred the lotus roots into thin stripes.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions, and a pinch of salt and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry it until soft, about 2 minutes. Then, turn it down to a low heat.
- Add soybean meat, lotus root, 4 teaspoons of soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 6 tablespoons of rice flour into a large bowl and stir with a large wooden spoon until very well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan, then press firmly to pack it together. Smooth top, then brush with olive oil and bake in an oven at 230 ° C for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing if you can, it will hold up better. Sprinkle it with some ginger powder and serve it with tomato sauce or balsamic vinegar.
- You may add mushrooms, such as shimeji mushrooms, enoki mushrooms and more, into the mixture if desired.
- If you do like the pungency, you may add pepper, nutmeg, oregano, thyme or basil into the mixture.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Chieka Atsuta
Japanese Plant-based Grain Meat (Minced Type) 200g