Quick and Easy Vegan Recipe: Vegan Karaage Recipe (Japanese Deep Fried Soybean Popcorn Chicken)
Servings size: 5 pax
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, Organic
- 15 pieces soybean meat
- 1-2 pieces of grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1.5 cups of soup stock
- An appropriate amount of kudzu powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- An appropriate amount of frying oil
- Soak the soybean meat in boiling water for 10 minutes, squeeze and drain it afterwards.
- Mix the soup stock, soy sauce, grated garlic and ginger into a cooking pot.
- Simmer the soybean meat into the cooking pot, slowly boil it until the soup is well absorbed.
- Sprinkle kudzu powder on it and fry at 180 degrees.
- Be careful of hot water when squeezing the soybean meat in step 1, if it is too hot to squeeze, you can add some drinking water to cold it down.
- The seasoning is not only pickled but also slowly boiled, so the taste will be soaked and juicy.
- Since it is cooked, it’s okay to fried until it turns golden brown.
- Kudzu powder alternative can be potato starch, wheat flour, rice flour, etc.
- It can be stored in a frozen fridge after the completion of step 3. Please consume it within a month or as soon as possible.
Recipe by: Cooking School Lima Assistant, Setsuko Oba
|Japanese Plant-based Soybean Meat (Popcorn Chicken Type) 80g|