Simple Vegan Dinner Recipe: Vegan Jjigae Pot (Korean Stew)
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, vegetables, mushroom, kelp soup stock
- 250g chinese cabbage
- ½ chinese chive (garlic chives)
- 1 pack shirataki noodles (konjac noodles)
- ½ tofu
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- ½ bag enoki mushroom
For soybean meat seasoning:
- 30g soybean meat (belly type)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp kelp soup stock
- 1 tbsp kudzu powder
- ½ bag kelp soup stock
- 1 tsp Doubanjiang (bean sauce)
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 200ml water
- Cut Chinese cabbage, garlic chives, tofu, shirataki noodles, shiitake mushrooms and enoki mushrooms.
- Soak the soybean meat in hot water for about 5 minutes. When it becomes soft, wash it with water a couple of times. Then, drain it in a colander and squeeze out the water lightly.
- Mix all the soybean meat seasoning ingredients in a bowl and add soybean meat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat and transfer soybean meat and sauce into the pan. Stir fry soybean meat until tender.
- In a larger pot, add all the soup ingredients and mix well.
- Add Chinese cabbage, garlic chives, tofu, shirataki noodles, shiitake mushrooms and enoki mushrooms. Cook until Chinese cabbage is tender.
- Transfer the soybean meat into the pot and boil them.
- If you can handle spicy foods, you can adjust the amount of Doubanjiang and Gochujang by adding the same amount of miso and mirin.
Recipe By: Certified Cooking School Lima Instructor, Masumi Kato
|Japanese Plant-based Soybean Meat (Belly Type)||Japanese Concentrated Kelp Soup Stock 60g|