Vegan Immune-boosting recipe: Japanese Rice Bowl with Burdock, Carrot and Tofu (Koya-dofu)
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, burdock root, tofu, carrot, lotus root
- 2 pieces Koya-dofu (Shimi-dofu, Kori-dofu, or frozen-dried tofu）
- 30g burdock root
- 30g carrots
- 30g lotus root
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp dried naga hijiki
- 1/2 tsp Japanese dashi soup stock (powder)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 30g Japanese leeks (naganegi)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp oil
- 5 tsp water
- 2 bowls of brown rice
- Soak mushrooms and naga hijiki in water for 15 mins. Drain them and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Soak the koya-dofu in hot water to rehydrate, then rinse and squeeze out any excess moisture and cut into 5mm squares.
- Cut the burdock, carrot, lotus root, and leek into 5mm cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium heat and transfer burdock, carrots and lotus root into the pan. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shiitake mushrooms, naga hijiki, koya-dofu, dashi soup stock, soy sauce and water to the pan. Stir fry until tender.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 7-8 minutes. Add the leek and grated ginger and mix them together.
- Serve them with a bowl of brown rice.
- You can put it in a container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Hiromi Kamata
|Japanese Style Soup Stock, Dashi (Chinese Cuisine) 8 servings|