Fast Easy Cheap Vegan Recipe: Vegan Hamburger Steak
Servings size: 2 serving
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, vegan hamburger steak
- 200g soy meat (minced type)
- 100g onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for baking)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
- 20g bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ tbsp salt
- An appropriate amount of pepper
- An appropriate amount of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp miso
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp chuno sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Drain the soy meat in a colander and squeeze them over the sink to remove some of the moisture.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onions over medium-high heat until caramelized and fully golden brown.
- Mix the onions, soy meat and <A> together into a bowl until well combined.
- Portion them into 2 servings and then toss them between your hands to remove any air pockets. This prevents them from breaking while cooking.
- Shape them into ovals and flatten them about 1.5cm thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and place the patties.
- Cook the patties over medium high heat until both sides are browned.
- Add all the sauce ingredients <B> over medium heat and stir until thickened.
- Add the sauce over the hamburger steaks and serve it.
- You can substitute chuno sauce with Vegan Worcestershire sauce.
Recipe By: Kurakon, Good for Vegans
|Good For Vegans Non-dried Soy Meat (Minced Type) 200g||Japanese Awase Miso Paste 750g||Tomato Ketchup Made from Organic Tomatoes 300g|