Quick Vegetarian Recipe: Vegan Ginger Soybean Meat
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, soybean meat
- 200g soybean meat (block type)
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- A thumb of ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp apple juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp water
- 1 tsp potato starch
- Cut soybean meat into slices about 8mm thick.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fry soybean meat, until lightly browned.
- Once it is done, transfer soybean meat onto a plate.
- Add all other ingredients into the pan and mix well.
- Once the sauce is boiled, add the soybean meat into the pan and slather the sauce on all sides of the soybean meat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until tender.
- Serve it with salad if desired.
- If you use dried soybean meat, you should soak it with hot water, squeeze it and marinate with dashi and soy sauce before following the above instructions.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Lecturer Etsuko Shishime