Easy Vegan Recipe to Try in 2022: Brown Rice Congee (Porridge) with Buckwheat
Servings size: 1 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, buckwheat, brown rice
- 2 tbsp buckwheat (washed and drained)
- 1/4 onion
- 20g carrot
- 30g radish
- 1 shiitake mushroom
- ½ cup brown rice (cooked)
- ½ bag dashi soup stock
- ½ cup water
- Finely chop onion, carrot, radish and shiitake mushroom.
- Transfer all the veggies and mushrooms to a pan and pour in 1/2 cup of water. Cook over medium heat until the water is boiling and then reduce the heat
- Add Chinese dashi stock, drained buckwheat and brown rice, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve the porridge in a bowl and enjoy.
Recipe By: Ohsawa Japan Official Ambassador Maffin Kobeya