Easy Vegan Soup Recipe: Sweet Potato Miso Soup
Servings size: 5 pax
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, vegan soup, miso soup
- 150-200g sweet potato
- 1 green onion (scallion)
- 1/4 pack of shimeji mushroom
- 1 fried tofu (without oil)
- 60g miso
- 10g dashi powder
- An appropriate amount of oil
- Cut green onions into slices about 5mm thick and cut sweet potatoes into slices about 8mm thick. Roughly chop fried tofu and shimeji mushroom.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir fry shimeji mushroom, green onions and sweet potatoes, stirring, until slightly softened.
- Pour in 2 cups of water and add dashi powder and then bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add 1 cup of water into miso paste and stir until miso is completely dissolved.
- Once the soup is boiled and the vegetables are tender, add fried tofu and turn off the heat.
- Add miso and simmer for 1 minute.
- To serve, garnish with finely chopped green onion and sesame seeds if desired.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Lecturer Yuko Sakurai