Easy Vegan Dinner Recipe for Quick Weeknight Meals: Sweet and Savory Vegan Tofu Eel
Servings size: 4 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, vegetables, vegan fish, tofu
- 180g cotton tofu
- 50g burdock roots
- 50g Yamato yam (chinese yam) [or 20g Yamato yam powder + 50ml water]
- 1/2 cup ground flour
- An appropriate amount of salt
- 1 piece of grilled seaweed (cut into 8 equal parts (3cm × 5cm))
- An appropriate amount of pepper
- An appropriate amount of frying oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Mizuame
- Some soup stock
- Prepare the tofu by draining it, and then pressing it for 30 minutes
- Put the dried tofu, burdock root and yamato yam in a food processor or blender to blend them.
- Finely chop the onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, add tofu mixture, onion, salt and ground flour and mix well.
- Portion them into 8 servings and then transfer them to the top of a grilled seaweed.
- Thinly cut the tofu mixture part way through to give an amazing flaky texture that is so similar to fish.
- Heat the oil to about 180 ℃ and deep-fry them till golden brown.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a pan and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve it on a plate with some carrots and cucumber slices and add the sauce and some pepper on the top.
- You can substitute Mizuame with corn syrup or rice syrup.
- If the dough is thick and loose, add more ground flour.
Recipe By: Certified Cooking School Lima Lecturer, Ryohiro Mori
|Organic Japanese Soy Sauce Prepared in Cedar Tub 550ml|