Soybean Meat With Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, Organic.
For Soybean Meat
- 6 pierce of soybean meat (popcorn chicken type)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable bouillon (liquid type)
- 300 ml of water
- A suitable amount of kudzu powder
- A suitable amount of oil
- King trumpet mushroom and Shimeji mushroom with a total of 80 g
- 1/4 onion
For Lemon Cream Sauce
- 100 ml of unadjusted soy milk
- 1 tablespoon of rice flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of white miso
- 1 teaspoon of salted koji
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- An appropriate amount of white pepper
- 1-2 bottles of thyme (raw)
- Put soy meat, vegetable bouillon and water in a cooking pot. Boil it with medium heat. When the broth is noticeably reduced, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Coat the soybean meat with kudzu powder thoroughly.
- Add oil to a warm frying pan, fry the soybean meat until its turn lightly browned. After that, put them aside.
- Cut the onions into thin slices, rinsing the trumpet mushrooms, and loosen the shimeji mushrooms.
- Mix the sauce ingredients into one bowl.
- Warm the frying pan, add oil, and sautee the onions and mushrooms.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the sauce that you prepared in step 5 into the pan and season it with white pepper.
- Add the soybean meat into the sauce and it’s ready to serve.
- Soybean meat can be frozen after step 1 is done. It can be stored for next cooking, thus you can shorten the time for daily cooking.
- Kudzu powder alternatives: potato starch flour, wheat flour, rice flour, etc.
- I wanted to make use of the flavor of the lemon, but I wanted to avoid the acidity of the lemon.
- When you add the sauce in step 7, the heat is quick! It's OK when the broth thickens.
Recipe By: Certified Cooking School Lima Instructor, Chieka Atsuta
|Japanese Plant-based Soybean Meat (Popcorn Chicken Type) 80g|