Quick & Easy Plant-based Recipe: Simmered Kiriboshi Daikon
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, daikon, tomato ketchup
- 20g kiriboshi daikon (dried daikon strips)
- 1 chilli (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- An appropriate amount of salt
- An appropriate amount of pepper
- An appropriate amount of oil
- Quickly rinse kiriboshi daikon and soak in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze water out. Cut into 5-6cm.
- Finely chop chilli and garlic
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook chilli and garlic for 1 minute to draw out the fragrance from chilli and garlic.
- Reduce the heat to low and add kiriboshi daikon to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pan and stir-fry.
- Serve in a small bowl as a side dish.
- It can be served hot, warm, at room temperature, or even cold. Enjoy!
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and in the freezer for a month.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Chieka Atsuta