Quick Vegan Recipe to Try in 2022 : Japanese Savoury Soy Milk
Servings size: 1 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, soy milk
- 200ml soy milk
- 2g dashi
- ½ tsp miso paste
- ¼ tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli oil
- Some green onion
Prepare the pickled cabbage:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and place in the fridge for a minimum of one hour, or overnight.
- Over medium heat, add the soy milk, dashi, miso paste and grated ginger to a small pot and stir to combine.
- Once the broth starts to boil, turn off the heat.
- Add vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir everything to combine.
- Sprinkle some green onion and chilli oil over the porridge and enjoy.
- Dress up this classic white rice porridge with your favorite savory toppings like radish leaves with sesame dressing or onions.
- This rice porridge is super customizable and a great way to use leftover vegetables.
Recipe By: Ohsawa Japan Official Ambassador Narumi