Perfect Golden Fried Potato Wedges
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, potato, soup stock
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- An appropriate amount of rice flour
- 5g soup stock (chinese cuisine)
- An appropriate amount of salt
- An appropriate amount of pepper
- An appropriate amount of aonori flakes (dried green laver or seaweed)
- Scrub clean the potatoes and slice into 6mm to 13mm thick wedges. Once cut, soak the potatoes in water.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and use paper towels to thoroughly dry each potato wedge.
- Add the potato wedges to the bowl containing rice flour. Shake and toss the bowl so that the rice flour coats each potato wedge uniformly and well.
- Fry in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with dashi soup stock and an desired amount of salt, pepper and aonori flakes.
- Corn starch or corn flour can also be added instead of rice flour
Recipe By: Ohsawa Japan Official Ambassador Shibata Sachiko
|Japanese Style Soup Stock, Dashi (Chinese Cuisine)|