Easy Budget-Friendly Vegan Recipe: Japanese Tofu Hamburger Steak Recipe
Servings size: 2 pax (20 pieces)
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, soybean meat
- 130g soybean meat (minced type)
- 100g cotton tofu
- 200g onion
- 100g shimeji mushroom
- 30g bread crumbs
- 30g oatmeal
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- An appropriate amount of pepper
- An appropriate amount of nutmeg
- Finely chop the onion and shimeji.
- Drain the tofu and wrap the tofu with a paper towel, and then place a heavy object on top to press the tofu to remove excess water.
- Soak the soybean meat in hot water for about 5 minutes. After it swells 2-3 times, drain it in a colander and squeeze out the water lightly.
- Season soybean meat with some salt, pepper and nutmeg and then mix well.
- Stir-fry the onion and shimeji and add them to soybean meat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bread crumbs, oatmeal, soybean meat and tofu and knead the mixture together.
- Make 4 oval patties about 1.5cm thick, by tossing the mixture back and forth between two cupped hands. This removes any air pockets that will cause the patties to fall apart when you cook them.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat and place the patties.
- Cook the patties over medium-high heat until both sides are browned.
- Serve them on a plate with a side of vegetables and rice.
- You could also stuff some root vegetables, such as lotus root, carrot and burdock, with this vegan meat filling.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Chie Sakagami
|Japanese Plant-based Soybean Meat (Minced Type) 100g|