Japanese Simmered Vegetables with Soybean Meat Recipe (Chikuzenni)
Servings size: 3 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, Soybean meat, Western Style Soup Stock, Dashi
- 6 pcs soybean meat
- 1 pack of Western Style Soup Stock, Dashi
- 300ml of water
- An appropriate amount of kudzu powder
- 1/2 Konjac
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 section lotus root
- 70 g carrot
- 2 string beans
- Kelp (4 cm × 5 cm) 1 sheet
- 1 tablespoon of water and soy sauce
- An appropriate amount of salt
- Put soybean meat, vegetable soup stock and water in a pot and heat it then set aside to cool. Cover the soybean with kudzu powder when it cools.
- Place konjac in salt water for a while, boil and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Cut the shiitake mushrooms into 4 pieces. Cut lotus roots and carrots into small pieces, and boil string beans in salted water to cut them into pieces that are easy to eat.
- Heat the pot, add oil, and stir-fry the vegetables in the following order: konjac, shiitake mushrooms, lotus roots, and carrots.
- Add the kelp and water to a minimum, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add soy sauce and simmer until the taste is right.
- Add string beans and mix it.
- Soak the soybean meat in boiling water for 10 minutes, squeeze and drain it before you cook.
- Put the vegetables in order, fry them until they are cooked and the color becomes a little transparent, enhancing the sweet taste of vegetables.
- Kudzu powder alternatives can be potato starch, wheat flour, rice flour, etc.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Chieka, Atsuta
|Japanese Plant-based Soybean Meat (Popcorn Chicken Type) 80g | Dry, Non-GMO, Easy-to-cook|