Easy Vegan Lunches: Japanese Fried Soybean Meat Seasoned with Green Onion and Wafu Sauce
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, soybean meat
- ¼ green onion (scallion)
- 40g dried soybean meats / soya chunks
- An appropriate amount of wafu dressing
- 2.5 tbsp dashi stock
- 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp oil
- Soak the soybean meat in boiling water for 5 minutes, squeeze and drain it afterwards.
- Cut green onions into slices about 1/8-inch (3mm) thick and add them into wafu dressing and mix well.
- Combine the breading ingredient <A> in a bowl and add the soy meat into it. Mix well and marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Fry soy meat until golden-brown.
- Serve it on a plate and add some green onions and wafu dressing on the top.
- Be careful of hot water when squeezing the soybean meat in step 1, if it is too hot to squeeze, you can add some drinking water to cool it down.
- Potato starch alternatives can be kudzu powder, wheat flour, rice flour, etc.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Masumi Kato