Healthy Vegetarian Dinner Recipe: Japanese Dumpling Soup Recipe
Servings size: 2 pax (20 pieces)
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, dumplings, dashi soup stock
- 2-3 cabbage leaves
- 1/2 bundle of chinese chive
- 1 abura-age (fried tofu pouch without oil)
- 20 dumpling (gyoza) wrapper
- 2 tbsp kudzu powder
- An appropriate amount of green onion
- An appropriate amount of ginger
- An appropriate amount of coriander
- An appropriate amount of salt and pepper
- An appropriate amount of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp dashi soup stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp plum vinegar
- Finely chop cabbage, chinese chives, abura-age, green onion, ginger and coriander.
- Add some salt to the cabbage and let it sit in a colander for a few minutes, and then squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Put cabbage, chinese chives and abura-age in a large bowl and add ingredients <A> and kudzu powder, and then mix well. This mixture will be used as dumpling filling.
- Take a spoonful of the dumpling filling and place it in the center of a dumpling wrapper. Wet the outer edge of the wrapper, and then fold into the desired shape. Repeat with the remaining fillings and wrappers.
- Put the dumplings into the boiling water and stir occasionally until the dumpling floats on the top of the water.
- Mix ingredients <B> and a cup of boiling water in a bowl to make the dumpling soup.
- Serve it in a bowl and add some dumpling soup, green onion, ginger and coriander on the top.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Yasue Koharagi and Assistant Setsuko Oba