Easy Vegan Snack Recipe: Homemade Vegan Dark Chocolate
Servings size: 1 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, cocoa, coconut oil, nuts
- 100g coconut oil
- 40g black cocoa powder
- 5g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- Some figs, rum raisins, cashew nuts, goji berries, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc
- Heat a larger saucepan full of water and bring it to a full boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle boil. Place the saucepan with the coconut oil in the water and melt the coconut oil.
- When it melts, add the black cocoa powder to it, along with the honey and maple syrup. Make sure you keep stirring it.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to baking molds and sprinkle the chopped dry fruits, nuts or seeds. Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour,
- You can store it in the fridge for between 2-3 months. You could also keep this stored in the freezer for 8-10 months, or possibly longer.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Master Course, Kazuyo Hosoya