Quick and Easy Vegan Recipe: Grilled Lotus Root
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, lotus root
- 200g lotus root
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy milk mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp umezu vinegar
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp soup stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Use a peeler to peel the lotus root and cut into 10 to 15 mm thick slices.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a fry pan and add lotus root. Pan-fry for about 2-4 minutes and cover with a lid. Then flip over and pan-fry for another 2-4 minutes.
- For dipping sauce, add soy milk mayonnaise and umezu into a small bowl and mix well.
- Grind the white sesame seeds by mortar and pestle and add soup stock and soy sauce. Mix well.
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Masumi Kato