Vegan & Vegetarian Recipe: Gomoku Mame (Japanese Simmered Soybeans with Vegetables)
Servings size: 5 serving
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, vegan side dish, konjac
- 1/2 cup of soybean (dried)
- 50g of burdock root
- 50g of carrot
- 100g of konjac (block type)
- 2 pieces of dried shiitake mushroom
- 1/2 tbsp dashi powder
- 150ml of water
- An appropriate amount of salt
- An appropriate amount of soy sauce
- Soak the dried soybeans in water overnight.
- Soak the dried shiitake mushroom in water for about 1 hour. Then, lightly squeeze the rehydrated shiitake mushroom.
- Pressure cook the soaked soybeans till they are soft.
- Cut the carrot, burdock root and shiitake mushrooms into bite-sized pieces (about 1 cm squares).
- Pour 150ml of water into a pot and add dashi powder. Then, boil it.
- Drain the cooked soybeans
- Add all other ingredients to the pot and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cool it down and refrigerate to allow the flavour to be absorbed.
- It tastes better if you add the rehydrated mushrooms along with the liquid.
- You can add kelp and lotus roots to enhance the sweet taste.
- In a recipe that calls for 100g of konjac (Block type), you can substitute with 100g of konjac noodles.
Recipe By: Remacking 500 recipe, Rima Sakurazawa
|Japanese Style Soup Stock, Dashi (Japanese Kelp, Mushroom, Radish) 8 servings|