Easy Vegan Dessert: Gluten-Free Vegan Christmas Cake
Servings size: 10 pax
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, vegan cake, raspberry, tofu, maple syrup
- 100 g pancake mix (gluten-free)
- 20 ml rapeseed oil
- 30 ml maple syrup
- 30 ml soy milk
- Some pistachio (chopped)
<Tofu whipped cream>
- 200 g cotton tofu (drained)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 90g raspberry (frozen or fresh)
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- ⅓ tbsp agar powder
- ⅓ tbsp kudzu powder
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (maguey syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- In a large bowl, mix rapeseed oil, maple syrup and soy milk with a whisk until well combined.
- Add half of the pancake mix and mix well. Then, add the remaining pancake mix and whisk till it is a smooth mixture with no lumps.
- Pour the batter into a round baking tin (diameter about 15 cm) and bake in an oven for 17 minutes.
- Add all the <Tofu whipped cream> ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Place apple juice, agar and kudzu powder in a sauce pan and heat up on medium. Cook while constantly stirring until boiled. Then, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add raspberries and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add agave syrup and stir well. Then, turn off the heat.
- Gently remove cooled cake from baking tin and cut a sponge cake perfectly in half.
- Add a few scoops of tofu whipped cream on top of the cake layer and smooth it out. Then, carefully add another cake layer on top and add more tofu whipped cream.
- Decorate with tofu whipped cream, raspberries sauce, and some chopped pistachio.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container and consume within 3 days
Recipe By: Cooking School Lima Certified Instructor Kiyomi Hirasawa