Easy Plant-based recipe: Oven Roasted Vegetables with Vegan Carbonara Sauce
Servings size: 2 pax
Cuisine Tags: Vegan, vegetables, vegan carbonara sauce
- 1/2 small lotus root
- 1/4 carrot
- 1 potato
- 4 mini tomatoes (cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- An appropriate amount of olive oil
- An appropriate amount of salt
- An appropriate amount of pepper
- 1 bag of instant pasta sauce (Carbonara)
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Slice vegetables into 8 mm slices. Don’t remove the calyx for the cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- Place all the vegetables onto a heat-resistant container and pour the Carbonara sauce over the vegetables
- Roast vegetables in the oven for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- If you want, swap the veggies in the recipe for other veggies that you have on hand. Add paprika, cauliflower, turnips, sweet potatoes, taro, kidney beans etc would all taste great.
- Broccoli and tomatoes are easy to burn. You could cover it with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
- You can substitute Carbonara Sauce with commercial or homemade white sauce.
Recipe By: Certified Cooking School Lima Student, Kazuyo Hosoya