Easy Vegan Recipe for Lunch: Chinese Style Vegetable Pot Rice Recipe
Cuisines Tags: Vegan, soybean meat
- 1.5 cups rice
- 390ml water
- 6 pcs soybean meat
- 3 tbsp dashi
- 300ml water
- Moderate amount of arrowroot powder
- 10g ginger
- 70g bamboo shoot (boiled)
- 50g shiitake mushroom
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 25 pcs wolfberries / goji berries
- 1 tbsp white sesame
- 2 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1.5g salt
- Quickly grind rice and drain the water, put it in a clay pot with a small amount of water, and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Put the soybean meat in a saucepan with 3 tbsp of dashi and 300ml water, boil over medium heat and cool. Cut into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with arrowroot starch.
- Cut ginger into strips and cut bamboo mushrooms into thin strips.
- Put all seasoning ingredients and soybean meat into the pot and cover. When it boils, lower the flame and cook for 20 minutes. (If there is one, use a wood plug stopper.)
- Turn off the heat and steam for 10 minutes.
- You can also make them with a thick pot or a rice cooker. Please try making according to the recommendations of the pot.
- It is OK even if you prepared soybean meat in bulk. It can be fried or mixed with stir-fried dishes.
- There are various ways to cook soybean meat. Besides arrowroot powder, the batter can be made with potato starch, flour, rice flour, etc.
Recipe By: Certified Cooking School Lima Instructor, Chieka Atsuta
Japanese Plant-based Soybean Meat (Popcorn Chicken Type) 80g | Dry, Non-GMO, Easy-to-cook
|Japanese Style Soup Stock, Dashi (Chinese Cuisine) 8 servings|